Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Day 1: Names and such

Old picture from Supai '09
Alrighty, best get past the usual stuff with this blog challenge.
ChloƩ (just like that, with the accent) is a name of Greek origin, not French, despite the accent on the E. The direct meaning is "green shoot," or I guess grass, which is lame, but it's also one of the names of Demeter. It's apparently a popular name in Australia and has definitely gained popularity since I was born.
I don't spell it differently and get really annoyed when other people can't spell it right. I do leave off the accent sometimes and don't worry about when other people do because it's just too small a thing to get angry about, especially if they can spell it right.
My middle name is Meagan-Rose but I try not to tell people because I kind of like it being a secret. It's hyphenated but apparently when I was born it was one of the nurses ideas because having two middle names was "too weird." I pretend I have two because my mom and grandmother don't have one at all.
I was Curry before I got married, my dad's last name, not my mom's, and am now Cook, one of many in Michael's enormous family and in the world. Curry was actually an Irish name but I've had people ask me if I'm Indian. No. Just no.
I have nicknames like Chlo, Chlobo, Chloboat, which are my favorites, and some that specific people use like Claudia and Coco. I tend to make usernames with my middle name and those first three nicknames involved.


And blah blah blah frequent readers know this stuff.
This other picture is today, right now, before I'm even finished with this entry. I just so happen to be wearing the same sports bra because I just worked out.
I'd really like to lose about 20 pounds and look more like I did in that first picture. I'm certainly not obese but I'm not in great shape either. Michael and I keep accumulating more athletic stuff and he's really encouraging so I'm hoping to get back on track and be at a good weight by June.

No comments:

Post a Comment