Monday, January 23, 2012

Hello Internet!

...We're the Cooks...get it? A ha. ha ha.
On base going to the Exchange--the mini mall mart.
We got our internet all set up today! Finally, it only took us a month being here and a week after getting the router. (We had to have a scheduled date to have it turned on). I can finally upload pictures and videos and do things at a better pace than from Michael's android. I don't even know where to start, and I want to be organized, so I'll probably make a few separate blogs with different topics.

We've been here almost a month now but time passes in a strange way here and it feels like so much longer. Honestly I haven't been doing much but emotionally adjusting to where I am. I did get my military ID (posted on Facebook so you'll have to see it there, felt like TMI here) and we got all that crazy paperwork stuff done, but that feels like forever ago. Since then I'm slowly turning into a hermit and the urge to get off my ass to do something about it is getting a little bit stronger every day. I will, I promise; I'm here for like ten more months I'll figure something out.
This place is fucking awesome.
I'm just really enjoying being lazy at my own house, even though it still doesn't exactly feel like I live here. The streets sort of remind me of how my old neighborhood was before they redid the roads. It's all patchy cracked concrete everywhere, and at certain times it sort of resembles Prescott. It's like being in some warped version of it. It's not too hard to get around, but having a GPS makes it even easier. However, I usually let Michael have the car since for now I don't have too many reasons to use it.
So I've basically been on a video game binge. We bought Kinect for the Xbox on the way here and that's entertaining, though we only have a few games relevant to it, obviously. So....my biggest accomplishment has been improving my gamerscore. Kind of sad but you know what? I don't care. I'm enjoying it because I won't do this forever, that's for sure. And I'm kind of glad I'm not taking care of a child wishing I had more me time. So many people have kids here and it really takes away from their personal time to enjoy things around them, but I guess that's a necessary sacrifice. I'm not ready for it at all.
Most of our (and my) down time is spent in the living room.
The house is mostly together, but we're still missing some things, like dining room chairs and a microwave. We're also really wanting a coffee table and filing cabinets and things like that. As you can imagine, the whole place looks like all of our stuff got together and had babies. It's all mixed in and exploded. I'd really like it if our friends could visit since we can't go home when we want.
This weekend we entertained some of Michael's buddies. I like most people he knows but there's a few that I find questionable as well, and I'm still pretty hesitant to get out there and make friends. You can't throw a rock out the door without hitting someone in the military here, and I'd like to eventually make some friends outside of it. Maybe it'll happen once I get a job and go to school.

Next I think I'll write about the drive here and and some of the things I have to do here. It's all still pretty weird to me that everyone around me is married and in the military, so I'll be talking a lot about things I wouldn't normally do if it weren't for that.
See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment