Tuesday, August 9, 2011

You Don't Get It

It's like,
I'm on the brink of some revelation
that I don't need.
Why
am I typing like this?
This is to anyone that doubts us. This is for the raised eyebrows and the snide remarks and verbal bites. This is for all those things you think I didn't know you said, but I do.
Texts and twitters and anonymous virtual comment boxes.
Oh,
it still makes me bitter.
Some things you really can't forget. I feel two things at once. I miss good times with bad people.
But really, really,
that's not my point.
Have you ever felt so whole and completely filled to the brim with certainty?
There is no room left for
questions
doubts
ugly feelings
or accusations.
All you cynics say "well explain love to me, what does that even mean?" You scoff and spit and stick your noses back into edgy x-rated books with sex and gore and say you're content with that.
But I am so full with this feeling,
and it's the single purest thing I've ever felt. Not a scratch of imperfection.
And the best part,
the best part
is another human being feels the same, and we connect over miles with this
this gorgeous thing.
And everything I've ever learned
to explain love to myself
doesn't matter.
I have never been so sure of anything in my life. You thought we'd fail then and we faltered, we fell and stumbled but somewhere along the way we found balance, we found that each day without the other had a hole in it.
Maybe I am shouting at no one but the sky. Maybe no one is paying attention. That's okay, too.
'Cause every little thing, is gonna be alright.
My feet say so
with every step I take
towards forever
with my best friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment