Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Identity Theft

I woke up to a text from my bank this morning warning me that I was under my ten dollar limit.

Which made no sense. Last time I spent money was yesterday at the store, and I knew how much money was left in my account.

So I got online and saw that there was a charge to Match.com. I've never been to that website in my life, and why would I go there? I've already found the person I want to spend the rest of my life with. And from my parents' example online relationships never work out.

So I went to the bank, canceled my card and got the number to call Match.com and ask them if they could pretty please refund me since I'd never been to their site. And it turned out it wasn't a problem, I was on hold for some time but then they did exactly what I wanted.

It made me wonder, was it a mistake or did someone really need money because they were desperate to meet someone? I almost felt bad for whoever it was later when I thought about it. It could've been a mistake. Whoever took the card information could've written one number wrong and made it mine, but if it was theft, what a weird way to spend someone elses money. Did I ruin a strangers chance for love?

I just hope whoever it is learns either not to steal card info or that they should go outside and meet someone in person for once.

No comments:

Post a Comment