Thursday, July 28, 2011

I'm. So. Bored.

I logged in wanting to blog something but I'm not even sure what. I have been doing literally nothing lately. Ever since all the excitement last weekend I'm back to sitting in my room in the dark in front of my fancy new computer. I'm taking my time looking for a job because honestly I like not working for now. And I like not driving around Phoenix because it's hot and confusing.
So I guess I could just fill you in on some of the stuff I've been watching lately, because all I do is download movies/shows and spend pretty much all my time watching them.
I just watched the anime series called Chobits. It's kind of old, and I read the manga when I was twelve.
If you don't know, the girl with weird ears is a persocom, or a person computer (I think). They're literally walking talking hardware, but people forget since they're made to look like everyone else (except their ears, that's where all the cords and plugs are).
It was a really adorable show, tho almost too adorable. But just when I was getting bored it got really interesting and I ended up liking the ending a lot.

So I'd been hearing/seeing a lot about a
movie called Passion Play on Tumblr. I was really really curious but no one seemed to like it and I ruined it for myself by reading the plot ahead of time in case I didn't watch it afterall. But I did. Aaaand it was kind of fucking terrible like everyone said it was. Megan Fox is Lily, a circus freak orphan who has wings, real ones. Along comes Nate Poole (Mickey Rourke) a washed up burned out musician and they rescue each other but he's so old and gross and she's so young and pretty and he seems more paternal than anything but there was a sex scene and I was so disturbed. I hated it. The acting was very meh and everything was meh and it was pretty slow moving. Someone said "this movie will never be taken as seriously as it takes itself." Pretty much sums it up. So that was a waste of time. So was Mean Girls 2, I don't even wanna talk about that one.

And yesterday I watched one of the best movies ever: Holes. Once again I read the book. In elementary school waaay before the movie came out, and I lost my shit when it did. Books geared towards younger audiences make the best transfer to film out of any book turned movie. There's usually room to elaborate instead of cut things out. And I've had a crush on Shia ever since. Little Zero is just cute.
I feel like most people know about Holes but I could be wrong so I'll go into it anyway.
Stanley Yelnats is framed for stealing a pair of shoes that belong to a famous athlete. He is sent to camp Greenlake, were he and other boys are to dig a hole in a dried up lake every day. It's seems that the warden, Ms. Walker, is looking for something. It becomes obvious that several characters have intertwining histories. For some reason I just fucking love everything about this movie. All of the boys and the way they act together, all of the drama, the history and especially Zero and Caveman. Everything about it is so endearing.

Okay this last one I feel a little guilty about. I haven't gotten into a new TV show since Heroes. I just don't have the time or patience to keep track of a television show at the same time every week. It makes me feel like a slave. But I caught an episode of Teen Wolf not too long ago and found myself asking all these questions. Who's he? What happened with that girl? What's going on? Why this, who is that etc. So I was feeling frisky one day and went to the MTV website (I know, it felt so wrong) and got all caught up. I even downloaded all the episodes that were out (because seriously, fuck all ads in the face with a knife). It's cheesy and cliche and sometimes just ridiculous but that's probably why I like it.
So the story so far is main character Scott (boy on left in photo) is walking thru the woods after sneaking out with his bff Stiles (boy on right in photo) and gets bit by a werewolf. But he thinks that's so farfetched/impossible etc. But of course, weird things start happening. He has his eye on new girl at school, Allison, but her dad and family are werewolf hunters. So. Many problems ensue, and now he has to find the alpha because he wants to somehow become human again or else he's super fucked and he can't get laid. Fun!

Anyway I'm all wrapped up in new shows. I just started watching Marmalade Boy, an old anime (once again I've read all the books) and now I have to wait for more Teen Wolf episodes like a normal television slave. I'm in the process of downloading Cardcaptors because I never got to sit down and watch it as a kid like I wanted to, just caught a few episodes here and there so I'm excited for that.
Woo laziness! I've never had this much time on my hands to waste on this stuff. It's kind of nice and I'd better enjoy it while I can. I know it won't always be like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment