Monday, May 23, 2011

Thankfully (A Mikey Quote)

"Everyone when I was leaving seemed t feel that I would come back so different. I don't feel different certainly. I might be a little more respectful but if they're trying to brainwash me they fail. The big differences are going to be because it'll be a while before any of them see me. Especially since this is such a transitional time in my life with moving out and figuring out what to do with my life things are bound to change. I certainly will have some strange habits, like waking up every 2 hours."

I should do this more often, because I'm sure some people would like to see at least some bits of what he has to say. The binder I have for his letters is gettin' full. But I'm glad he said this, because I was worried he'd come back some brain raped freak. It seems like the army is just bringing out the best in him, so that's a relief.

2 comments:

  1. yep yep, that's definitely what had me all drunken-teary. I've known him so long and I've got this thing in my mind that just convinces me the military is a place where people go and get taken apart and put back together to be churned out as uber-respectful america-loving personality-lacking clones. I'm so glad to hear mikey isn't dealing with any of that nonsense!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's all good, he's doing fine. They're fairly lenient over there considering it's the military. He's being treated well and just became squad leader. But he's still Mikey!

    ReplyDelete