Friday, April 29, 2011

So Sentimental It Hurts. Like, a Lot.

So personally I can't really relax or fall asleep with music playing. However, there are two exceptions: Reggae and Enya. Michael found this out and took to playing Reggae or singing it to me to make me feel better, particularly Bob Marley.

There was one song he got stuck on, because of the message. "Three Little Birds" by Bob Marley. For the last few days he was here it actually made me cry, because I was scared that every little thing wasn't gonna be alright. But I got an idea before he left, and I decided to get some of the lyrics tattooed on my feet. To put an extra element of sentimentality on it, I wanted it in his handwriting.

First of all, I'm no creeper. I wasn't about to get a tattoo tribute to someone that wasn't my family without their permission (like some crazy people I know have done). So I asked him if it would be too weird, and let him think about it. He decided it wouldn't be, and on the day we dropped him off at the hotel wrote the lyrics I wanted:


I haven't had much money in the last while, so I had to wait. But today was payday, and I'd gotten a lot of hours at work in the last two weeks. I hadn't been to Penetration in a while and I felt bad, so I thought I'd see if they could take me as a walk in.

Since it was just line work my usual artist didn't mind handing me over to one of the other guys (Scott) who gladly made an exact stencil of Mikey's writing. Here it is all fresh and nasty:
Let me tell you, I was so not ready for how much that hurt. I broke out into a sweat and starting cussing out a storm at pretty much everyone in the room. It was either that or cry holding it in, and I wasn't about to do that. Besides, the guys there think it's funny as hell when I call someone a "nigger face fucker" without thinking. The feeling of getting tattooed is hard to describe if you haven't had it done before. It's like having a deep scrape lit on fire while having salt thrown into it, in this case. Very unpleasant. But it was quick, and I made everyone laugh, so it was all good. Plus, Scott charged me less than the shop minimum. :)

But I'm so so happy with it and I can't wait to send Mikey a picture so he can see how it turned out. It really cheered me up a lot. Regardless of what happens, I know I always want Michael in my life and these words will get me through all kinds of things for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment