Thursday, February 10, 2011

Day 26

What Kind Of Person Attracts You?
    Rather than being cheesy and just posting a picture of my boyfriend, it's funny to think about what all the people I've dated have in common. From just traits, to things they like, to little things they do, I gravitate towards skinny nerdy metal heads who are all kind of crazy in their own way. For example:

-More than one person has called me "Tree Lady" because I'm always cracking weird bones in my body.

-More than one person has liked to take my hand and put it on their face. (I just don't get the appeal of this.)

-More than one person has wanted to go into the military, and now one is doing it. 

-Almost everyone I've dated has dark hair and hazel eyes like myself.

-Pretty much every one I've dated plays video games.

The main things I look for in a person is their ability to make me laugh. If you can't do that, you ain't gettin' none, because I need to laugh, need to, because I have so many gloomy days, and I need to know that the person I'm with can cheer me up at will.

When I was sixteen and working at JoAnn's (the craft store) a middle-aged woman came in through the automatic doors laughing her head off. I'd seen a man with her just before she came in; he must've decided to wait outside. But she kept chuckling as I did a return for her, and before she left she said: "If you ever get married, make sure it's to someone who makes you laugh." 

I don't know why, but it's just always stuck with me, and I've since realized just how important it is to me. 

I used to like artistic sensitive guys, too, but I've discovered how much of a trap this is. It's good to know someone like that for conversation and creative input, but things get too complicated with me and these types. I have enough up and down emotions on my own to deal with, I need a stronger person to help me simplify myself, not add more emotions to the mix. To be blunt, I've already got a pussy, I don't need another one. 

You know that anxious feeling when you're around a new person? I don't really like that. To be honest I like a little predictability. I like having a foundation before hand. A history or at least a friendship, you know?  Humans can be frighteningly impulsive creatures, and new people freak me out. Everything can change, and change fast. In just a few months they can be the complete opposite of what you thought they were the day you met them. In other words, I need to really trust someone in order to consider being in a long term relationship with them. I've jumped into things a few times, usually when rebounding, and it always ends badly.

I'm straying from the topic a little. This is supposed to be the kind of person that attracts me, not what I'm looking for in a relationship. Still, I felt like touching on it. 

I definitely look for confidence. It's hard to like someone when they don't like themselves. I don't mind a little shyness, because that I can understand. I was painfully shy as a child and I still have my moments. I don't mind speaking for someone if they're feeling a little tight lipped. Sometimes you gotta balance each other out. 

I always appreciate the musically inclined. People who don't like music are really weird to me. So are people who only listen to certain bands in certain genres. I definitely enjoy people who play instruments. I'm not necessarily deeply impressed by it to the point where I'll rip off your clothes if you play me a song I like, but it's a hell of a lot cooler than not playing an instrument.

I'm attracted to people who can teach me something or show me something new. It's usually an adventure with Michael, to finally use him as an example. I go on trips with his family to places I've never been, try new food, and because of Michael's obsession with wanting to know the answer to stuff immediately, I tend to learn things almost every day, too. It's always something, which makes things exciting. We're going down the Mohave Trail next weekend for a few days. Pretty damn stoked to finally go camping again, lemme tell you. 

Anyhow, I'm being suuuper distracted by this and Pokemon Snap, when I should really be doing homework. Here's something to make you chuckle before I go:


No comments:

Post a Comment