Monday, January 3, 2011

Snow Days

So after Christmas but before New Years it snowed. A lot. I had already been staying at Mikey's but then my car got buried and stuck in the cul-de-sac. Chris and Serra were also over, and the four of us were pretty much snowed in for a good three days. We watched loooots of movies, including Mr. Nobody, which blew my mind and made me cry. I can't tell you what it's about, just watch it if you can find it.
Nemo and Anna

I've missed two days of work because of this crap. Snow is cool but not when it costs me money. And now that the holiday rush is over at The Resort, it's fucking dead. I got sent home two hours early last night because there were too many employees and not enough tables. Bah. At least I'm getting more grant money next semester. 
As some of you know I'm probably moving to Phoenix next summer to live with my dad, which will be pretty weird for a while. I have to save some money so I can look for a job there and not freak out while I do so. I was hoping to find my own place or live with Deroy, but I don't think either of us make enough money to pay rent. The weirdest part will be only seeing Michael every couple months/on the holidays for a year while he's in AIT. I don't know how that'll go or what'll happen when he gets back but I am determined to get through it, because I know it'll be worth it if we make it.
Getting ready to hike to Denny's through the snow

I'll  probably get used to it but the first while will suck. I have to get used to mailing things; invest in a lot of stamps and shit. I have to distract myself from both being alone and being in Phoenix, aka the left armpit of Arizona (Tuscon is the right). Good thing my dad has a pool!
This is a really old picture of me, Bri, and Mikey in my dad's pool in 2008. It was a really strange weekend actually, because some undesirable people were there and some drama ensued. But the pool times were good, and hopefully there will be more.

So I'll most likely be swimming and working out when I'm not at work or school, or playing games/hanging out with Serra and Chris. To be honest I don't really want to meet new people, even though I know I will. I don't trust anyone from Phoenix if I haven't met them before because most of them are douchebags. Even the females are douchebags. Bleach haired skanky clothed popped collared giant sunglasses wearing douchebags. It really depends on what part of Phoenix we're talking about, I guess, but still. I don't plan on strengthening any new relationships with anyone. I don't want to. I just want get 2011 over with and even most of 2012 to be gone. I want to be 21 and I want Michael to be home and done with AIT. I want to get a career started, too, for sure. Then life can be real, instead of floating around in hell sweating my ass off and waiting.

So I guess I should appreciate the snow, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment