Sunday, August 5, 2012

Still No Projections

   I really thought we'd know where we're going by now, but still nothing. No official graduation date either. Yesterday I got to listen to Michael and a bunch of his army friends talk about it, and so far the rumors are that they've sent too many people to Korea (so hopefully Michael won't go) but also maybe too many people to Ft Bliss (which is where we hope to go the most). Even if we get something, it may change, but there's a possibility that the guys can also trade locations.
   When we know we'll be telling people. I guess Michael thinks they might give them their projections after they finish the section they're studying in class. Mostly I'm just pretending I don't care, even though I do, so I can get to the end of the day without going crazy.
   I've learned a lot about the army. I've met more decent people than not, but those indecent people really are something awful. It's a pretty inefficient system, not as punctual as I thought, and very choosy with what they decide to provide for soldiers and their families, not to mention how easy (or very difficult) these provisions are to access.
   I think the thing I hate the most is if Michael is sick or injured it's incredibly difficult for him to get treated. He has to wake up early (earlier than he already has to) and get in line for sick call, and often he runs into people who scoff at him for going. The second is how long they keep him and the others on base when they don't need to. One of his friends had to go to the hospital for heat exhaustion because they were standing around in the 100+ degree weather for way too long.
   It's just irksome, and I worry about him more than myself. I'm also wondering how this move will go. The army can pack and move our things for us, but we also have three animals. I've never moved with pets before. I know they'll live through it but it'll likely be stressful for all of us.
    Looking back it's still strange that I'm even in this situation in the first place. I never thought it would happen. I'm just so ready to get out of Oklahoma.

No comments:

Post a Comment