Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Epic Meal Time Recreation

First, watch this video:

So most of my friends watch these videos. They're disgustingly memorizing and I can't imagine how much those guys have to work out to stay in shape after all the greasy calorie packed food they make. Naturally I'd never considered attempting any of the recipes myself, but a few of my guy friends definitely had. They decided since Moosen was turning 21 they'd make this breakfast of booze. They said so, but I wasn't sure if they'd go through with it.
But they fucking did. I took a shit ton of pictures and put them all together in one big greasy collage to explain one at a time:
1. Bacon. A fuckton of it. Packages and packages. You've never seen this much fucking bacon in your life. Candied bacon is as delicious as they say it is.
2. Beer batter made from a southern wheat beer. Not trashy or overpowering, just right.
3. Ham wrapped in bacon deep fried in said beer batter. The most delicious porktastic thing your mouth will ever experience.
4. Deep fried hashbrown balls. Best fresh, which we didn't quite get to experience since they were made too early on in the greasy adventure. Next time, amigos. Next time.
5. Cheese sticks deep fried in doritos crumbs. Cheesetastic and guilt inducing. Worth it.
6. Everything started to look like one big pile of fried. Makes you wanna die and chop down a tree at the same time.
7. More fried shit. The cream cheese and sausage with jalepeno stuffed pancake deep fried in beer batter was actually pretty tasty, and I don't even like cream cheese.
8. That greasy smell was all up in that place. You stand too close and your eyes started burning. I had to open the front door just to get some fresh air.
9. Fried shit fried shit and more fried shit. We stored it all on plates in the microwave till everything was ready.
10. Alcoholic whipped cream with bacon bits. The most alcoholic thing created that night. Also fucking delicious. Instead of jack daniels, Moose used a turkey honey whiskey for the syrup. Awesome, and you couldn't taste the alcohol.
11. Bacon cream cheese french toast dumpling. Fuckin' smart. And tasty.
12. Epic everything big ass omelette. This I didn't get to try, since by the time we finally started eating I already wanted to die from samples and feeling covered in the grease filled air. It was said to also be good.
13. Everything was loaded onto a platter and brought to the table. Those beer battered chocolate chip bacon waffles combined with the whiskey syrup were my second favorite.
14/15. Towards the end of the meal Chris hollowed out a giant version of the cheese battered in doritos and deep fried, and proceeded to shove a waffle in it, cover it in syrup, and kept eating it.
16. By the end of it most of us looked like this. Hunched over and hating ourselves.

I thought it was pretty impressive overall. I did not get drunk, sadly, because I didn't eat enough. After watching it all being made I didn't want to. Disgusting but somehow still awesome, since Moose is a great cook and his friends love to help him. This night and others, however, probably account for all the weight I gained over winter break. Now that I'm not eating like a gluttonous whore every day I feel like I've dropped a few pounds. I'm not where I want to be but I definitely don't feel as terrible as I did after all that holiday feasting.
Here's a video of some of the process. It's a little boring at times and it's obvious we're all freaks, but it makes me homesick and I love it anyway. 

No comments:

Post a Comment