Friday, July 8, 2011

Phoenix

As you may have guessed, it's pretty fucking hot and I don't like it. There's at least once a day when I question if I am actually melting and what I should do about it. It's very convenient having a pool, however, and I've been taking advantage of it once to twice a day. Not great for my hair, but I'm not sure how much I care when its this hot.
It's really miserable, and I keep questioning why I did it but I start school next month, so I'm sure once I get a routine going I won't have as much time to sit around and wonder why I'm here as I'm sweating my tits off.
I did get Skype working with Mikey tho, which has been the best part about today. I couldn't get my webcam to work last night but I fixed it today and we had a fun chat. He says he can come back to Arizona for labor day weekend in September. I reeeally wanna pick him up from the airport. That's one of the reasons I'm here.
Moving was craziness. When I got back from Virginia I did a bunch of important stuff like go to the doctor and then I packed what I could with my dads help and headed down, but came right back for fourth of July to get more stuff. I ended up getting in this big fight with my mom because she seemed to think I left without saying goodbye and when I stormed off she tore apart my room, which turned out to be a good thing because she squared everything away and did what would've taken me days in a few hours.
I watched the fireworks with Michael's family from a hill in a neighborhood behind theirs and headed back to Phoenix in the morning. I'm kind of proud of myself for driving by myself back and forth, honestly. I was really intimidated by the drive before. At one point on the way back it was raining pretty hard and I got stuck in a cloud of mist someone was spraying from their tires to my windshield and could not see a thing and managed not to have a panic attack. So. Go me.
I'll be here for six months before I move to Oklahoma, not Virgina, because Michael's orders got changed and he's transferring in a few weeks. So I just have to remember that it's just six months. I can drive back to Prescott virtually any time before that and I will in fact survive.
But it's so hot it feels like I won't. Yuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment