Monday, May 23, 2011

Mikey Quotes

For those who are interested :)


 "So most people here are in intelligence jobs but it doesn't really show. Days like this when we do nothing are days we do stupid things. Get an empty bunk take the mattress and run jump and slide across the room. People wearing IBAs (sort of bullet resistant vest) and being spartan kicked in the chest. Just generally risking their own and everybody else's phone time."


"To sum up some aspects of basic I'll compare it to school. You know when you're in class and everyone keeps talking, asks retarded questions constantly, gets everyone more homework and doesn't function in a group well, and all the shit. Yeah that's pretty much basic except you sleep and spend all your time with those people. There's a lot of cool people but there's a lot of retards and it only takes one to throw you off or get you smoked.* Also I've had to write 3 essays and one sentence a whole lotta times. It's strange because almost all our drill sergeants are infantry and no infantry goes to basic at Fort Jackson."

"I've never viewed myself as someone who has all their shit together but some of these guys make me feel so organized. Especially my battle buddy who likes to make me late. I know that I have to wake up and make my bed which is getting easier and most things I have to do, I do the night before. I've f-ed up a few times of course but I'm getting better and he's not."

*I didn't understand what he meant by "getting smoked" until I asked a military friend. It means having to do a ton of sit ups, push ups, whatever the sergeant wants till you're exhausted.

1 comment:

  1. Very interested. I love Michael and I'm glad he hasn't changed :)

    ReplyDelete